dinsdag 29 september 2009

Batik dragonfly

[gallery link="file"]

__________________________________________________________

So I made my first batik piece last weekend.
Because I am so darn proud of how it came out I just have to post this gigantic lots of pics!
Hope you like it.

Wax in....
First the waxing of the plain white sheet...

waxing1

First paint-bath, yellow
bad1

After the second bath, cyan

bad2

Putting it to bath 3, magenta/red

bad3_soaking

After the third bath, magenta

bad3

Before the last bath

voor-bad4

Wax out!
Getting the stuff out. Quite horrible.

waxout

Finished product!!

finished

Woooooo happy happy!! I just can't believe I really made that.
Now I just don't know what to do with it. I thought of putting it on bamboosticks, so it can be hang in front of the window. I love to hear your thoughts.

finished3

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Wauw! Wat is ie mooi geworden! En je had lekker weer ook...
    Moeilijk, moeilijk, wat ermee te doen? Aan de muur boven je bed?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Very cool. I love watching it come to life from slide to slide. The colors really developed nicely.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen